2022 Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Summer Series
Results Queries and Chip returns: Please email Smart Timing (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please submit results queries within 48 hours of the race.
Dates, Host Clubs & Venues
Series Rider Info
- 18.30: Under-12/10/8
- 18.50: Under-16/14
- 19.30: All junior and adult classes
Gridding & Starting Protocols
ADULTS: Riders in the adult/junior race, will be gridded in three waves, to be started on three separate whistles.
– Wave 1: Junior, Senior & Vet-40 Men
– Wave 2: Vet-50/60/70 Men
– Wave 3: All Women.
Your shoulder number will guide you as to your place on the grid. Please follow the commissaires’ instructions.
YOUTHS: The Youth Race will be gridded according gender and age category and then by series standings. They will be released in waves at the commissaires’ discretion.
UNDER-12: Riders in the under-12 race will be gridded by age category, starting with the older riders at the front.
PRINCIPLES: Our primary concerns when gridding are firstly rider safety, with the broad aim of faster riders starting nearer the front of the grid, and secondly, ensuring that riders start in the same wave as all other riders in their category.
Entry (important, please read carefully)
- For all events will be online only, via the British cycling website.
- Entries close at 9pm on the Sunday evening before the event.
- We’re aiming to keep the admin as simple and smooth as possible, so we won’t be accepting any late entries or entries on the day, with NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Entry withdrawals and refund requests (via email email@example.com) will be accepted up to 24 hours before each event (6.30 pm on the Tuesday evening before the event). We will process these in the week after each event.
Prizes/Series: There will be end of series prizes for all rider categories in the Youth (Under-14 & Under-16, male and female) and Adult (Junior/Senior/Vet-40/Vet-50/Vet-60+ male and female) races. All riders to drop their worst two results for their final standings. The Under-12 categories will have a podium presentation, close to the finish line at the end of each race, with badges for the top 3 riders in the the male and female Under-8/Under-10/Under-12 categories.
The Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Annual General Meeting was held on Thursday 31st March. We have a short Report looking at the key decisions and appointments.