We’d like to offer a warm welcome to our new sponsors, KinesisUK, who are backing our nine Yorkshire Points Series events, providing two pressure washers, frames for prizes and gazebos and flags. More information on the series and how to enter, event times etc can be found on the series info page.
2016-2017 Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Winter Calendar
- Sun 04/09/16 Skipton ‘Cross/KinesisUK Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Series Round 1
- Sun 11/09/16 John Stevenson Memorial/KinesisUK Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Series Round 2
- Sun 18/09/16 Jonathan Noble Memorial/KinesisUK Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Series Round 3
- Sun 25/09/16 3 Peaks Cyclo-Cross
- Sun 02/10/16 Myrtle Park/KinesisUK Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Series Round 4
- Sun 09/10/16 Newsome Cross inc. Yorkshire U12s Championship
- Sun 16/10/16 Try Cycling Cross/KinesisUK Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Series Round 5
- Sun 23/10/16 Middleton Park, Leeds
- Sun 30/10/16 Wakefield Thornes Park/KinesisUK Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Series Round 6
- Sun 06/11/16 Sheffield/KinesisUK Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Series Round 7
- Sun 13/11/2016 Queensbury Cyclo-Cross Littlemoor Park, Queensbury Use Post Code BD13 1QA for parking as it is at Black Dyke Mills and the park is 5min cycle away. Please do not park at the park itself as this if for organisers only.
- Sun 20/11/2016 Shibden Hall Cyclo-Cross /KinesisUK Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Series Round 8
- Sun 27/11/2016 Bradley Woods Cyclo-Cross
- Sun 04/12/16 North of England Cyclo-Cross Championships
- Sun 18/12/2016 YCCA Charity Fancy Dress Cyclo-Cross
- Sat/Sun 07-08/01/17 British Cycling National Cyclo-Cross Championships
- Sun 22/01/17 Cystic Fibrosis Cross/KinesisUK Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Series Round 9
Event dates and venues for the 2016/17 British Cycling National Trophy Cyclo-cross Series
Round 3 – Sunday 13 November 2016
Hetton Lyons Country Park
Round 4 – Sunday 27 November 2016
Ipswich Trinity Park Showgrounds
Round 5 – Sunday 11 December 2016
Shrewsbury Sports Village
National Cyclo-Cross Championships Bradford 7-8th January 2017
It’s less than three months to go before the National Cyclo-Cross Championships comes to Peel Park in Bradford. We’ve launched a new website to help riders, spectators and sponsors alike. We’ll be adding more info as the event gets closer, but there’s already plenty on there, including the all-important link to online entry. And following Shrewsbury’s#dirtyweekend inspiration last January, we’ll be using the helpful and informative hashtag #yorkshirelegover to help promote our event. The website is at http://www.cxchamps.co.uk
Yorkshire Kinesis Winter Series Information:
ARM NUMBER UPDATE
The First time you ride winter cross, you will be sold an arm number for a £1 to be used at all YCCA cross events including next Summer’s cross events. You must display your arm number in order to race. Riders not wearing their correct number may be refused permission to ride by the Commissaires.
Why is that? Your number identifies you in a race.
- We can identify the podium winners quickly for announcing.
- If you are injured and unable to speak, we can access your emergency details from the signing on sheet.
- The announcer can give you a name check
- If the Commissaire needs to take any action, such as dangerous riding or swearing – he/she can identify you
If you lose or forget your arm number, you will have to wear a temporary number to ride. This will be the same number registered to you. A £5 deposit will be taken for the number and returned at the end of the race at signing on.
WINTER SERIES AGE CATEGORIES
It is important that in order for us to sort out category prizes at the end of winter that you sign on under the correct category. Also please ensure you use the correct cat on the signing on sheet. V for V isn’t enough, it needs to be V40-44 or V45-49 or WV50 etc.
WINTER SERIES 2016/7 AGE CATEGORIES
Valid from the 1st September 2016
U8 BORN 2009 or LATER
U10- BORN 2007- 2008
U12 – BORN 2005 – 2006
U14 BORN 2003 – 2004
U16 BORN 2001 – 2002
JUNIOR BORN 1999 – 2000
U23 BORN 1995 – 1998
SENIOR BORN 1977 – 1994
VET 40 to 49 BORN 1967-1976
VET 50 MEN BORN 1957 -1966
V60 MEN Born 1947 – 1956 :
V70 MEN Born 1946 or Earlier
JUNIOR WOMEN BORN 1999-2000
SENIOR WOMEN- BORN 1977-1998
VET40-49 WOMEN BORN 1967-1976
VET 50 WOMEN BORN 1957 -1966
V60 WOMEN Born 1947 – 1956 :
V70 WOMEN Born 1946 or Earlier
2016 Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Summer Series
Series Standings: after Round 6: Under 8 / Under 14 / Over 14
Standings Queries: email firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of publication
Results Queries: email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 working days of publication. Results become final after 3 days.
Timing Chips: If you go home with your chip, please bring it to the next event or post to: 7 Jackdaw Quarry, Carnforth, Lancs. LA6 1AD
- Round 1: Weds 27 April: Newsome High School, Huddersfield, HD4 6JN
- Round 2: Weds 11 May: Myrtle Park, Bingley BD16 2LF
- Round 3: Weds 25 May: Wharfe Meadows, Otley LS21 3LP
- Round 4: Weds 8 June: Middleton Park, Town Street, Middleton, Leeds LS10 3TN
- Round 5: Sun 19 June: York Festival The Racecourse, Tadcaster Road,York YO23 1EX
- Round 6: Weds 22 June: Killinghall Moor Country Park, Harrogate HG3 2NZ
- Round 7: Weds 6 July: Nunroyd Park, Leeds LS19 7SE
- Round 8: Sun 10 July: Nidderdale High School , Low Wath Road, Pateley Bridge HG3 5HL
- Round 9: Weds 20 July: Middleton Park, Town Street, Middleton, Leeds LS10 3TN
- Round 10: Weds 3 Aug: CHANGE OF VENUE TO Huddersfield New College, New Hey Road, Salendine Nook, Huddersfield HD3 4GL
- Round 11: Sat 13 Aug: Oliver’s Mt, Scarborough, YO11 2UG (Part of the Scarborough Festival of Cycling which includes a national Round of the Youth Circuit Race series on the Sunday)
Get into Cyclo-Cross
Find out more about the sport and details like age categories on our Get into ‘Cross page.